Course Selection 2017-2018
High School Course Selection is an important annual event for all
students, parents, and teachers.
The Big Picture
- Course Selection presentations will be done and Course Selection materials will be distributed during Advisory the week of February 6, 2017.
- Course Selection Fair will be held during Advisory on Monday, February 13, 2017.
- Course Selection Expo will be held Monday, February 13, 2017 in the Commons from 6:30pm to 8:15pm.
- SJC Dual Credit Informational Meeting will be held on February 8, 2017 at 6pm in the Auditorium.
- Course Selection Cards are due to CBHS Monday, February 20, 2017. Cards will be turned into Social Studies teachers. If you do not have a Social Studies class, please turn your card into the Counseling Center.
- Students will enter their course selection requests at home in Skyward Student Access
- February 6-February 20, 2017.
- Course Request Verification Letters will be distributed to students at the beginning of April 2017.
- Changes to course requests will not be accepted after Friday, May 5, 2017.
Course Selection Materials:
CCISD Educational Planning Guide (EPG)
The EPG provides course descriptions for all courses available in CCISD; not all will be offered at CBHS, 2017-18. Use the index at the back of the EPG to find courses listed alphabetically for quick reference.
CBHS Course Selection Worksheet
This document lists classes we plan to offer at CFHS for the 2017-18 school year. Students should use this worksheet in combination with the EPG to determine their course requests for next school year. Course with low student interest may not be included in the 2017-18 Master Schedule.
CBHS Course Selection Card
Students must list their 2017-18 course selection requests on this card. Students should select a total of 7.0 credits, including the core curriculum. Students should pay close attention to the course number, title, credit value, GPA level, and prerequisites. Students should also select multiple alternate electives and list them in order of preference. As a reminder, choose carefully! Schedule changes at the high school are for data mistakes or course errors only.
All students also need to verify their Endorsement Plan and Pathway. This information will be found on their Course Selection Card. Make sure courses selected will meet the requirements of your Endorsement Plan.